Friday, June 20, 2014

4 month update {better late than never}

Technically Aven turned 4 months old on June 6th....so let's just pretend this update was
written and published two weeks ago. :)
This may be the #1 cliche parents say, but I can't believe how fast she's growing! Seriously...did I not just birth you last week, child? Slow your grow. 


Check out that sweet smile. And her hilarious goat toy. (I have a thing for goats).

The tongue. Out all the time these days. 

Nicknames: Avie baby, Bug, A, Booger (so feminine, I know), Babygirl
Eye Color: Blueish gray
Hair: Short and spikey on the top and light colored. Long in the back and dark. Bald in between. :)
Weight: 15.9 lbs  (90th %)
Height: 26"  (>95%)
Clothing size: some 3 months, some 6 months
Favorite toys: Sofie the Giraffe teethers, colorful rings, or just a blanket to chew on
Love or Hate Baths: Love
Crib or Parents' Room: Crib (high five!!)
Pacifier?: No. She doesn't like them. (I'm sure I'll be happy about this one day. At least that's what I keep telling myself.)
Routine: Eats every 3 hours during the day. Naptimes are getting shorter, one or two going away completely, depending on the day.
Nighttime sleep: 10pm-ish to 7am. (Praise the Lord!!)
Teething?: In the early stages I would think....lots of slobber and gnawing on toys/hands.
Rolling over?: Only onto her side for now
New discoveries/ Milestones: sticking out her tongue, grasping toys, giggling, lots of smiles, lots of baby talk




Something else that's a constant these days is sleeping with her hands up by her face. And check out those crossed legs. My girly girl.






We also quit swaddling her with her arms in since she's so close to rolling over. I still swaddle around her torso but her arms are out. Here's one of the last pictures I took of her all swaddled up during a nap.

So. Adorable.
{ P.S. that's a Summer Infant Swaddle Me and it makes swaddling so easy, and she can't break out of it! }




Aven was dedicated to God at church on Mother's Day. I had such a special first Mother's Day!










This month also included her first day at the pool! And by that I mean, I spent more time

getting her ready than we actually spent by the pool. And the water was cold so she just got her feet dipped.
She didn't seem to mind.






I mean....stop it.



A look back.....






{If you want to read about my experience as a new mom, and advice for figuring this whole thing out, click here.}


No comments :

Post a Comment