Thursday, August 7, 2014

Aven Harper is 6 months old! {Monthly Update}

This blue-eyed ray of sunshine is SIX months old. I can't believe we're already halfway through her first year! I'm trying to savor each day, each phase, each milestone. This past month was filled with lots of firsts, some fun and some really tough. Some coming within just days of each other. Might have broken my mama heart just a little with all her growing, but I'm loving this stage so much.



Now we play with the props. :)

I joke about her being my BFF but let's be real; we do everything together. Heck, if I could strap her in her new Ergo and take her with me to work, I totally would. She might even soften up the cranky patients a bit.





Stats
Nicknames: Monkey, Bug, Boo...these literally change daily.
Eye Color: still very blue
Hair: the "rat tail" continues to rock on, even though her pediatrician recommended trimming it since she has eczema on the back of her neck that we have to keep moisturized. When he heard me (involuntarily) gasp at his suggestion, he insisted that I DID NOT have to. :)
Who does she look like? me when she smiles...Brandon the rest of the time.
Weight: 17 lbs!
Height: ??
Clothing: 6 months
Diapers: size 3
Favorite toys: any kind of teether. Also loving her exersaucer and playmat lately.
Love or Hate Baths: Love. Splashes water everywhere. Shrieks with delight.
Crib or Parents' Room: Crib
Pacifier?: Nope
Routine: eating every 3 hours during the day. down to 2 long naps and 1 short nap per day for the most part. 
Food: breastmilk only thus far, but I'm starting her on solid foods this week!
Nighttime sleep: This month sleep has been a little rough with teething. She's been waking up a lot at 1am, but in the last week we've had a couple of all-nighters. Reminds me of her newborn days and makes me thankful we are through that phase. Looking forward to this leveling out, hopefully soon!
Teething?: TWO have come in just in the last month! And they came in fast. Under the gums one day, through the gums the next. We seem to be having more coming in, maybe the top ones now?
Rolling over?: Yes. This happened literally within hours of cutting that first tooth right after turning 5 months old. Now I'm terrified for when crawling starts.
Sleeps: on her belly or her side.
New Discoveries/Milestones: 
Yelling playfully (my younger brother says she sounds like a dinosaur and I'd say that's pretty accurate) 
Rolling over
Fake coughing 
Two teeth
Mimicking sounds / faces (like sticking her tongue out)


One of my favorite things is seeing how she sleeps. So girly! If only we could all look this beautiful and dainty when we nap! 



This month in pictures....


...waking up happy...

...the mullet - in alllll it's glory!...


 ...rolling over...


...lots of tummy time...


...and tongues out...


...experiencing the beach for the first time! So. much. fun. More on that here...


...first high chair experience...


...strangely excited despite an eczema diagnosis at the pediatrician's office ...

...falling asleep on me instead of fighting me...


...those lips...that wispy hair...sigh...

...Teething: sleepless nights...crying episodes...at times inconsolable. Teething sucks...

...bath time silliness...

...petting Hudson...he doesn't seem to mind... ;)

...and showing off those teeny tiny teeth!...



That wraps up this past month. It's been a fun one. I love you, Aven Harper! You're the coolest chick I know. I'm pretty thrilled I get to be your mom. 


To read Aven's 5 month update, click here.



No comments :

Post a Comment