Saturday, September 6, 2014

7 Month Update!

Good grief, I feel like I just shared her 6 month update! Does it keep getting quicker? If so I'm not sure that I can handle that.





Big moments this past month included:

Trying solid foods for the first time! 
Yes, we waited until she was 6 months old because girlfriend has been super satisfied with breastmilk only till this point. We began with oatmeal cereal because I wasn't loving what I read about rice cereal. Then we also started some baby foods like apple, pear, sweet potato, and squash. I have a feeling she isn't going to like change much because every time we start a new food we swear that she hates it. But then sure enough, the second day she at least tolerates it and sometimes even face-dives for the spoon. So funny. So far she likes sweet potatoes the most!





First trip as a family of three! 
I already shared all about our beach trip in this post, but here's a few pictures of Aven I didn't include in that post. We had to snap some of her in her fancy dress from Mimi.







I will be so sad when those little wrist rolls disappear.

Outgrowing everything...
like her swing (too long, but we still use it!), little lamb sleeper (affectionately known as "Lamby"), and a lot of her clothes. She's also almost too long for her infant tub, but isn't ready to sit up on her own yet.



2nd illness of her life....BOOOOO. 
There's maybe nothing more pitiful than a sick baby. 
She got sick for the first time when she was only 10 weeks old from my husband, even though we had practically quarantined him - she still got it. 
This time it started off subtle, just watery eyes and a little runny nose but by day two it was full blown. Brandon and I also got it so it was no joke. I tried to hold off on taking her to the pediatrician because I had a feeling they were going to say "it's viral, there's nothing we can give her"  but after a couple of days with a fever we took her. And shockingly, they said "it's viral, there's nothing we can give her."
So. Frustrating.
Thankfully she is better now and it only lasted a few days.


Learning how to sit up on her own!
She literally just started this over the past week and she gets better at it every day.



Stats
Nicknames: she's been my little bird child this past month. She sucks in her bottom lip 
and looks like a baby bird - hilarious.
Eye Color: blue 
Hair: getting longer all over. And of course her rat tail continues to be my favorite thing ever. I don't care what anyone thinks.
Who does she look like? more people are saying she's favoring me lately.
Weight: 18 lbs (75%)
Height: 26.5" (68%) BUT I am convinced they didn't measure her length accurately because have you seen my child? She is looong! I need to remeasure her myself but right now it's 11pm and she's asleep, so...
Clothing: mostly 9 months, especially in sleepers because they have to accommodate those legs!
Diapers: size 3
Favorite toys: she loves playing with the Pampers wipes box in spite of all her toys. Really anything that's not a "toy" is what she wants...my phone, the remote, my hair....
Love or Hate Baths: Love
Crib or Parents' Room: Crib
Pacifier?: Nope
Routine: we went back to feeding every 3 hours because she was waking up a lot during the night when we tried to stretch it out. She still takes a morning nap most days and usually an afternoon nap if we're lucky but we have to work for them! They don't just happen like they used to. 
Food: breastmilk, oatmeal cereal once/twice a day, and baby food once/twice a day. 
Nighttime sleep: totally hit or miss right now. She wakes up at least once most nights. Bummer.
Teething?: yes and yes. Seems to have a top one coming in now. Just got her an amber teething necklace so we'll see if that helps. (Brandon thinks I have totally lost my mind.)
New Discoveries/Milestones: Beginning to sit up on her own using her hands to stabilize; Rolling, rolling, rolling all over the place; Laughing a lot more; Starting to learn the wave motion with her hand but doesn't quite understand it yet; Reaching for people (the best!).


This is her new favorite face to make. And it cracks me up every. single. time.



headband: Jennifer Ann Style


best face ever. amiright?!?


I love you, little bird! You are my favorite 7 month old in the world.


2 comments :

  1. Shanna, I stumbled across your Instagram account recently when we used the same hashtag and fell in love with little Aven. She is seriously one of the cutest babies I have seen and I'm totally unbiased! Anyway, love this blog you have and love reading about your adventures as I'm a new mom as well. Take care! -Nicole @nicolesandridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet words, Nicole! Couldn't agree more about Aven, but naturally I would think that! Haha ;) Thanks for following along and congrats on your new blessing!

      Delete