Tuesday, December 9, 2014

10 months old! {update}

Our girl is edging her way to her first birthday....she's T E N months old. Double digits! 

Lots of fun is coming with the holidays and I'm even more excited to experience it this year with her. We've already seen a couple of decorated Christmas trees and she is completely enamored. I can't wait to put ours up and see what kind of craziness ensues with her trying to pull the ornaments off and eat all the little leaf bits that will litter the floor. (Yes, it's December 9th and we still have no tree. I had great intentions this year but it just hasn't gone according to plan!) 



Best outtake from this month's photo session....

She is such a mild mannered child. HA.
This is real life, you guys. The "10" on the chalkboard is rubbed off because she rolled around on it. The lint roller in the bottom right is there because that's what I was using to make her smile....she was holding it but then decided she would throw it. She has spunk, spirit, and a mind of her own for sure. I've heard people say that means she'll do great things one day. :)




Stats
Nicknames: Little bird. Boo boo.
Eye Color: blue, kind of a smokey blue.
Hair: blond. Her little rat tail is barely hanging on! Just a few little wispy strands left. :(
Who does she look like? both of us.
Weight/Height: 19.6 lbs (66%) and 29" long (91%) 
Clothing: She can wear 12 month tops and sleepers but pants really need to be 18 month to be long enough. #legsfordays
Diapers: size 4
Favorite toys: she is much more content with toddler toys now. She's over all her baby toys! 
Crib or Parents' Room: crib
Food/Routine: Up by 7 am every day, but usually earlier, like 6:30, especially if I have to work. Breastmilk every 3 - 3.5 hours. Baby food/oatmeal 2-3 times a day. Bedtime around 9:15. 
Nighttime sleep: We had a rough go for a while because when she was sick she would only sleep on me or next to me. But after about a week, she is getting back into her normal routine. When/if she wakes up in the middle of the night she wants me to pretty much just watch her sleep and has some type of radar for when I leave the room. I'm considering finding a cardboard cutout to stand over her crib so I don't have to. :)  
Teething?: Another bottom one came in this past month, so that makes 3 on bottom / 4 on top!
New Words: No new ones this month! STILL has not said "mama" - what tha heck.

New Discoveries/Milestones: 
REAL crawling
Pulling up on furniture
Big bath instead of the infant tub
Sippy cups, especially the ones with straws
Waving when we say hey/bye
The "face" (see pictures below)
Voluntarily giving kisses out (even gave one to a little boy in the church nursery! OH MY.)




"the face"
A new facial expression emerged this month that is still hilarious every time she does it and I wouldn't mind if it never stops. She also does it every time I tell her "no" - I guess she knows it cracks me up. Pretty sure my younger brother started it, so thanks Charlie! :)

Right?!


Worst moment this past month
She had a high fever (101-103) starting the weekend before Thanksgiving but her temperament was great; she was acting totally normal. Finally took her to the pediatrician two days before Thanksgiving. Her doctor said it was either a respiratory virus or less likely, a UTI. After getting back home and constant pitiful crying from her unless she was asleep I took her back. Something wasn't right. They ended up doing a catheter to get a urine sample to check for a UTI, aka a HIGHLY TRAUMATIC experience for both of us. And of course, it was negative. She was 100% fine the next day. (Typical).



Literally nothing got done around my house those few days. I just held my sick little baby.


First Thanksgiving!

matching, because why not?
Her vest - H&M
My vest - Target



Month in pictures:

Look at all those teeth!

Sippy cup pro

What's left of the rat tail (sad!!)

A little fox sighting at Mimi's office

She looks like this a lot of the time - one sock on, one sock off. I also used to do this as a baby!

 Lots of fun and entertainment in this $0.59 ball from Jess and Luke! Who knew?!

Cockatoo / Cindy Lou Who hair

Sleeping in our bed when she was sick.

Loves being tickled!

"Hey Hudson!"

Crawling everryyyywherrreee

 Sporting her beanie

In her big girl car seat!

Squeaky clean!

Looking exactly like her daddy here.

 Love this scrunched up face she makes



Happy happy 10 months, baby. 
YOU are my favorite.



9 month update here.


No comments :

Post a Comment