Sunday, November 9, 2014

9 month update

She's 9 months old! (What!?)

(As per usual, this update is a few days late.)

She's a quick learner, very observant, talkative, emotional, a busy body, girly, funny, and growing so fast!







{Bow: Alexandra Rose Handmade}

The gorgeous quilt in the background of those first photos was made by a sweet friend of mine who is SO talented. I could not be happier with how it turned out. I'm so thrilled to see this quilt be used and loved and treasured by Aven over the years. Thank you, Adrienne!








Stats
Nicknames: Bird. Ave. Baby girl. Boo.
Eye Color: blue 
Hair: sticks up all over. The rat tail is slowly fading away. (sad!)
Who does she look like? both mommy and daddy
Weight/Height: 19.3 lbs (66%) and 29" long (91%)
Clothing: some 9 months, but also a lot of 12 month. I even put some 18 month pants on her the other day and they fit perfectly (!)
Diapers: size 4, hah.
Favorite toys: board books, cups, sippy cup, stuff from the kitchen
Crib or Parents' Room: crib
Food/Routine: Up by 7 am every day. Breastmilk (every 3 hours); oatmeal cereal (1x/day); baby food (1 or 2x/day). Usually a morning and an afternoon nap. We still do a bath every night but only use soap every other night. 
Nighttime sleep: Better. She has been sleeping all night and sometimes just waking up early (around 6am). Some days I feed her and put her back down, other days I keep her up depending on our schedule for that day.
Teething?: No new ones, so still just 6. 
New Words: "Go" (I say this to the dogs when I let them outside); "Hey"

New Discoveries/Milestones: 
Army crawling
Pointing
Dancing (bounces arms up and down)
Leaning in for kisses, sometimes open mouth :)
Claps when you say "yay" or "patty cake"
High fives
Puffs snacks
Her shrieking/screaming voice has been found - and we are trying to make it GO AWAY. 


I couldn't quite figure out what I wanted A to be for Halloween this year, until I saw this pic my mom snapped one day while babysitting (her hair is not really this dark, but it IS this crazy)



 A couple of coworkers suggested an 80s baby and it could. not. be more perfect.

 I still can't believe I found this gem at a consignment shop - hot pink, gold lame', neon hearts, stars, cut outs...it practically screamed 80s at me from the rack it was hanging on. And I'm also pretty positive it was hanging on that rack since about 1989. Just waiting on me all these years. #fate




I snagged everything in this outfit either from consignment or something we already had, only the headband I bought I new. The wrist sweat bands and leg warmers were old socks that I cut up. So this is definitely an affordable idea for a baby costume!
Halloween ended up being cold and windy - boo (had to say it) - so she was bundled up in a blanket for most of our church's fall festival. I took some pics of her at home so she could show off her outfit. :)

 You guys - does it not look like she's stretching before her work out in these pictures?! Future model status.




This Johnny Jumper (also from consignment) has been a LIFE SAVER lately. She freakin loves this thing and it's the ideal distraction for while I'm cooking dinner. It's also easy to pack up and take with us to whoever is watching her for the day. 






Favorites from this past month...














 (photo credit "Aunt" Shelby)




Your daddy and I love you more every day, Aven!



{8 month update here}

No comments :

Post a Comment