Thursday, January 8, 2015

11 months! {update}

So, on Tuesday I was at work and wrote "1/6/2015" at the top of my first patient worksheet for the day. It hit me. She's 11 months old. ELEVEN. You guys, that's only four weeks from being one year old. 

Someone hold me.



These pictures were made possible by Puffs. I literally had to bribe her to get any decent ones. 

She's decided it's more fun to take the headbands off now. She's becoming a bit more mischievous and really keeping us on our toes.




As of now, I'm not planning to do these monthly updates after she turns one, but I may change my mind. I love being able to revisit when she did what, and to relive all the milestone moments from her first year. I may just do an update every few months or so. We'll see how it goes.



This past month included her first Christmas
Our first Christmas as parents. 

Even though she's too little to understand, it was really magical and just made the holidays even more joyful than they already are.




{ we have a pic in this very same spot last year....only I was hugely pregnant with this little babe still in my belly. }

This was her holiday outfit for my family's Christmas party and meeting Santa. Could you die???
(Everything consignment except the pink leggings and the Owen and Abi skirt.)



She met Santa for the first time! And by that I mean, she was strategically placed on his lap without ever making eye contact with him, because that seemed to be the safest bet. She didn't seem especially happy or excited about it BUT there were no tears, no pulling of beards, and no shrieking screams. So I'm calling that a win all around.



We picked out a Christmas tree at the tree farm as a family. 

Went something like this: Drive up to desolate tree farm halfway through December. Spot a tree in the middle of a clearing. Determine it's about 95% perfect (!). Decide you will literally cut anyone if they try to take the tree first. Hubby chops down tree (super impressive) and throws it in the back of the truck. Drive home and then let 95%-perfect-tree sit undecorated in the house for a week. OH WELL. What's important is we got a tree, people. And it was decorated exactly one week prior to Christmas. So again, calling that one a win. Also, Aven didn't try to destroy the ornaments which I was totally betting on.






Girlfriend loves some Christmas lights. Whenever the tree is lit up, she points to it and does a little high pitched squeal with this surprised/excited/overjoyed look on her face. So cute. We went to an outdoor light event in our city that was pretty spectacular, and she was enamored.







It was soo cold. She kept putting her hands up to Brandon's mouth for him to warm them up. 



We had a little photo booth set up at one of our family Christmas parties. Here's what Aven thought about it:



Obviously thrilled.


Stats
Nicknames: Baby bird. Ave. Brandon always calls her Babygirl.
Eye Color: blue 
Hair: getting much longer and the rat tail is officially GONE. Moment of silence for the rat tail.
......................................................
Who does she look like? more me lately....I think.
Weight/Height: no update on this til next month's dr appt.
Clothing: 12-18 months in most stuff.
Diapers: size 4
Favorite toys: anything that plays music and her baby "walker" that she can stand up and play with.
Crib or Parents' Room: crib
Food/Routine: Up by 7 am every day (could set a clock by this girl). 
Breastmilk every 3-4 hours (6 oz, or as close as I can get...we are nearing the end of nursing).
Solid foods 3 times/day. She is loving yogurt right now.
Usually 2 naps/day, with the morning one being the longest and most important.
Bedtime around 9:00. (starting to move this up a little each night).
Nighttime sleep: she's been sleeping like such a champ lately which I couldn't be happier about. But since it's something that changes monthly, I never let myself get TOO used to it.
Teething?: not currently
New Words: MAMA (WOHOOOOO!!!)
DADA
MORE (kinda - she tries to say it when she signs it)
GONE GONE (sounds like "go go")
Loving lately: Me. She's been so clingy with me recently. I'm not complaining though, since it probably won't last.
Hating lately: wearing socks/headbands/hats. 
Being left alone to play

no more rat tail. 


New Discoveries/Milestones: 
Pulling up on everything
Blowing kisses
Standing with little help
Sign language ("more")
First busted lip. Was bound to happen with all of this pulling up and standing business.


These are my new favorite things from this past month:
- Blowing kisses and waving with major enthusiasm every time we tell someone bye. (I die).
- The scrunch face + fake laugh she does whenever anyone laughs about anything in her presence.
- Giving random kisses out to inanimate objects (i.e., her gloworm toy and she also kissed her new pj's that have a ballerina on them. SO precious.) 
- The sock monkey pants from Aunt Shelby.
- Watching her do sign language (she picked up "more" super quick).
- Dancing anytime anywhere when she hears even the faintest music playing.



















Well I'm off to order ffirst birthday party invites. And I'm gonna be a big girl about it and not cry.

Happy 11 months to our little baby bird!

No comments :

Post a Comment