Wednesday, March 18, 2015

For the LOVE!

You guys. I get to be part of one of the coolest clubs ever....along with 499 new friends of mine. This news has me feeling like this:


 But first, let me back up a bit.

When I first started blogging (not even a year ago), it was because I had something to say about motherhood - being a NEW mom and all the things that basically blindsided me when I stepped into this new life. Also, at the time of my pregnancy and the birth of my daughter, only one of my close friends was already a mom. I didn't have a mom community to fall into where I could ask all my illogical questions, get sound advice, or just unload my overwhelmed feelings (and have them validated). Writing about my experiences and feelings actually gave me the affirmation I craved and - bonus - provided an opportunity to encourage other first time moms finding their way. 
 
Then something unexpected happened. The more I typed, the more I uncovered my passion for words and writing. A passion that was first planted in childhood, but had long sat dormant and unused. 

Growing up, I was the kid who was more excited about a trip to Barnes & Noble than the toy store. #whatafreak

And now? Well, not much has changed. 

Recently I read this post, On Becoming a Writer by Jen Hatmaker, and all through the intro I kept thinking yep, yep. Totally me. Mmhmm. If you didn't click the link, she basically says "writers write." It was the push I needed to decide I'm all in. 




With this newfound love, I've been seeking out opportunities beyond this blog to hone my skills, connect with people who share my heart and can teach me something. Recently, I was chosen to be a Product Scout for Savvy Sassy Moms. SUPER exciting! And now, this new opportunity has me feeling like that little girl walking into a giant Barnes & Noble for the first time....

I was selected to be part of a Book Launch Team for Jen Hatmaker's newest book! I know, I'm wondering how that happened too, but I'm just gonna go with it. Her not-yet-released book is called For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards. If you know anything about best-selling author Jen Hatmaker, you should understand my excitement! If not, go find out about her. That's your homework.

Google it up, as my dad would say. I love you, Dad. :)



So what exactly is a Book Launch Team?
Well, it is a little mysterious because we get to read an early copy of the book (!), share about the book's release, and write an endorsement for it. Some endorsements will be selected to be published IN THE BOOK. Pretty amazing, huh? Basically I get to be friends with Jen Hatmaker. (Not really but you can pretend with me.)

I'll be sharing more about this as time goes on, but if you're as anxious/exited as I am about this, go pre-order your copy now!!








1 comment :

  1. Amazing post! The Baby Sidekick Baby Monitor app lets you setup and view you’re Baby Ping Video Monitor, no computer required. For more details visit: http://www.babysidekick.com/

    ReplyDelete